- 4 firm-ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 ¾ teaspoon slat
- 1/4 ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/2 ½ cup chopped fresh chives
In the bowl of a food processor, puree the avocados with the lemon juice. Add the shallots, garlic, salt and pepper, pulse to combine, scraping down the sides to incorporate all the ingredients. Transfer to a large bowl.
In a medium bowl, beat the cream with an electric mixer until stiff. Fold the cream into the avocado puree and adjust the seasoning, to taste. Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip.
Place on crackers or bagel chips, garnish with caviar, smoked salmon or chives.