Creamy Fettuccine w/ Mushrooms & Brussel Sprouts
- * 12 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- * 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- * 4 cups sliced mixed mushrooms, such as cremini, oyster and/or shiitake
- * 4 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- * 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- * 1/2 cup dry sherry (see Note), or 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- * 2 cups low-fat milk
- * 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- * 1 cup finely shredded Asiago cheese, plus more for garnish
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, return to the pot and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms release their liquid, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sherry (or vinegar), scraping up any brown bits; bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until almost evaporated, 10 seconds (if using vinegar) or about 1 minute (if using sherry).
3. Whisk milk and flour in a bowl; add to the skillet with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, about 2 minutes. Stir in Asiago until melted. Add the sauce to the pasta; gently toss. Serve with more cheese, if desired.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zippy Beef Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Loin of Pork with Raisin &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and herb roll ups 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta Con Broccoli (Alex Davis) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jo Ann's Chicken Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken adn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey and macaroni: slow cooker 0/5 (0 Votes)