Eat Mo' Bettah BBQ Shrimp
This zippy BBQ shrimp dish is a snap to prepare. It is flavorful, quick, and kids love it. A great taste of Cajun Country in under 30 minutes!
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T unsalted butter (or margarine, if you want to make this dairy-free)
- 1 T freshly minced garlic (from 5-7 cloves)
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. bottled chili sauce (preferably Heinz)
- 1 t. Cajun seafood seasoning blend (I use Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic)
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. dried thyme leaves
- Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce to taste
- 1 lb. raw lg. shrimp, peeled
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 16mins
Adapted from domestickmuse.blogspot.com
1. Spray a large, heavy skillet with non-stick spray. Heat over medium heat and add the EVOO and the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the garlic and cook 30 seconds-- don't let the garlic brown.
2. Add the chicken broth and raise the heat to high. Add the chili sauce, cajun seasoning, Worcestershire, thyme, and hot sauce (if using). Boil for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly thickened and the flavors have blended.
3. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring gently, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked-through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve the shrimp and sauce over a bed of rice.