Roasted Garlic with Rosemary Feta Sauce on French Bread
- 2 whole bulbs elephant garlic, @ 8 oz. each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- fresh spinach leaves
- small leaves of red cabbage or flowering kale
- baguette of French bread, thinly sliced
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
Preheat oven to 350.
Carefully remove most of the outer covering from the elephant garlic bulbs, but do not separate into cloves. Place bulbs in small baking pan or loaf pan. Add about 1/2" water to pan. Drizzle garlic with olive oil. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until garlic is very tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the feta cheese, sour cream and fresh rosemary. Cover and chill while the garlic bakes.
To serve, line a platter with spinach leaves and cabbage or kale. Place roasted garlic on platter.
To eat, squeeze a clove of garlic gently to remove outer skin. Spreadh teh softened garlic pulp on the slices of bread. Top each piece with some of the feta cheese-rosemary spread and a piece of sun-dried tomato.