Thai Turkey (slow cooker with tenderloins)
- Do not try with chicken, it gets very tough and overcooked. I often add more
- turkey than called for (maybe 2 lbs. instead of the 1-1/2), there's a lot of sauce to this recipe. For little kids and wimps, I recommend leaving out the red pepper flakes.
- 1-1/2 lbs. turkey tenderloins, cut into 3/4” pieces TENDERLOINS
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1-1/4 C chicken broth
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 T cornstarch
- 3 green onions, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1/3 C creamy or chunky peanut butter (NOT natural style)
- 12 oz. hot cooked vermicelli or thin spaghetti
- 3/4 C chopped peanuts or cashews
- 3/4 C chopped cilantro
Place turkey, bell pepper, 1 cup broth, soy sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes and
salt in slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 3 hours.
Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup broth in small bowl until smooth. Remove extra sauce or switch to a pan on the stove to make it go faster
Turn slow cooker to
Stir in green onions, peanut butter and cornstarch mixture. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened and turkey is no longer pink in center. Stir well. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.
Makes 6 servings.