Baked Potato Casserole
This baked potato casserole is a family favorite with it's creamy, rich, and topped with sizzling bacon. Serve this recipe as a side dish to any meaty main course or on its own for a luscious and rich main course. This recipe pairs well with a lightly dressed side salad or even a hearty, medium-rare steak, and a nice glass of your favorite beer.
- 8medium8 medium potatoes, about 2 1/2 to 3-pounds total weight, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks or 1/2-inch slices
- 1cup1 cup evaporated 2% milk
- 1/2cup1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2cups2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6slices6 slices bacon, cooked until crispy, then crumbled
- sliced green onions to garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 110mins
Place the potato chunks in a large pot. Fill with enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil.
Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 1/2 to 3-quart casserole dish. Return potatoes to the pot.
Add evaporated milk, sour cream, salt, and black pepper. Beat with a hand held mixer until smooth.
Stir in 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese and half of the bacon.
Spoon the potato mixture into prepared casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, remaining bacon, and green onions. Bake for an additional 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
You'll also love
- Oven Baked Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Marshmallow Bunny Peep-Tini 4.6/5 (67 Votes)
- Breakfast Delight 4.6/5 (66 Votes)
- Mini Peach Cobbler 3.9/5 (194 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Crusted Potato... 4.4/5 (83 Votes)
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes 4.6/5 (64 Votes)
- Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken 4.4/5 (80 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Soup - Chili's... 4.2/5 (104 Votes)