Clams Casino Dip
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 6-8 strips bacon, cut in small pieces
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1/2 cup small diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup small diced celery
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced green onions, save tops for garnish
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, juice from one can reserved
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- hot sauce to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Crisp up the bacon in the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Drain the fat, and reserve the bacon.
Place the pan back on the heat and add the jalapeno, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and green onions.
Cook stirring for 2 minutes, then pour in the juice from one can of clams.
Turn heat to high, and cook until almost all the liquid is reduced.
Transfer into a mixing bowl and let cool.
When cool add the rest of the ingredients and mix well (you can save a little bacon to garnish the top).
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Let sit out for an hour or so before the party, so it can warm up a bit.
Garnish top with sliced green onions and bacon if desired.
Serve with buttery crackers.