Pineapple Orange Sauce
This sauce goes great on ham, Chicken, duck, capon and turkey.
- 1 C White Wine
- 1 C Ginger Ale
- 1 C Orange Juice
- 1 C Honey
- 1/2 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 C Butter
- 1/4 C Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water, or as needed
- 1 14.5 oz can Pineapple rings
- 1 11 oz can of Mandarin Oranges
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from realmomkitchen.com
In a medium sauce pan, mix the following with a whisk: Wine, Ginger Ale, Orange Juice, Honey and all 4 spices.
Add the butter and juice from both the Pineapples and the oranges and bring the mixture to a boil
Allow to boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. (also watching for a bubbling overflow)
Mean while, combine the cornstarch with enough cold water to make a thick slurry.
You should be able to stir with a wisk with medium difficulty, yet there should be no lumps.
Use this slurry to thicken the sauce, a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
Add the pineapples and Oranges and allow them to heat in sauce.
You'll also love
- Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese and... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Beefy Fried Rice 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Beans - Falafel w/White Bean... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- GF - Cobbler - 3 Berry 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Orange Sports Drink 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon Drop Cookies Recipe 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Pork Chops and Caramelized Apples 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Sweet & Sour Pineapple Pork 4.2/5 (14 Votes)