Summer Squash Bake
- 4 pounds summer (yellow) squash, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10 1/23/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 41mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
•Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
•In a large saucepan, cook squash and onion in water over medium heat 15 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
•In a medium bowl, combine drained squash mixture, soup, cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well and pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed cornflakes and drizzle with melted butter.
•Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until heated through and topping is golden.