Pineapple & Chocolate Muffins
This recipe was originally by a home cook from Spain, Hands in the Dough Unusual, but delicious, muffins; they will remain moist and fragrant for a long time. Try them out!
- DRY MIX:
- 2 1/3 cups flour, sifted (250g)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (100g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 level teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- WET MIX:
- 1 cup light brown sugar (180g)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick butter, softened (or melted and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 canned pineapple slices
- 2 tablespoons canned pineapple syrup
- Sliced almonds, for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from shine.yahoo.com
First prepare mixture 1 (dry) by combining all the ingredients together in a bowl, mixing well.
In another bowl, beat the eggs together with the sugar, add the butter and the vanilla extract. Chop the canned pineapple coarsely and add it to mixture 2 with 2 tablespoons of the syrup.
Pour the wet mixture (2) into the dry mixture (1) mixing just enough to combine the ingredients, while taking note that the batter should be lumpy.
Place the batter into silicone muffin molds filling the molds to 2/3 of the quantity, sprinkle with the sliced almonds and bake at 160°C (320°F) for approximately 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Tomato, Stone Fruit & Fresh... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Roble Ali's Hawaiian Pork... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Basic Fondue 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- “Shortcut” – Chocolate... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Herbed Gravy Recipe 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Quinoa & Butternut Squash with... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Quick English Muffins 4.2/5 (37 Votes)