Lobster Mac and Cheese
- 2 TBS Vegetable Oil
- Kosher Salt
- 1 pound cavatappi or elbow macaroni
- 1 qt whole milk
- 8 TBS (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 c all- purpose flour
- 4 c grated Gruyere cheese (12oz)
- 4 c grated extra sharp Cheddar (8oz)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster meat, 1/2inch diced
- 1 1/2 c fresh white bread crumbs ( 5 slices, crusts removed)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
1. Pre heat oven to 375
2. Add the oil to a large pot of boiling salted water, add the pasta and cook al dente according to the package directions, drain well.
3. Heat the milk in a small saucepan, but dont allow it to boil. In a large pot, melt 6 TBS of the butter and add the flour. Cooke over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Still whisking, add the hot milk and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until thickened and smooth. Off the heat, add the gruyere, Cheddar, 1 TBS salt, the pepper and nutmeg and stir until the cheese melts. Stir in the cooked pasta and lobster. Pile the mixture into 6 to 8 (2cup) grating dishes.
4. Melt the remaining 2 TBS of butter, combine with the bread crumbs and sprinkle on top, Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and the pasta is browned on top.