Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 eggs
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a Bundt pan.
Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine pumpkin, sour cream and the 2 tsp of vanilla. In a third bowl, beat the 2 sticks butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time until blended.
Add pumpkin mixture and butter mixture to the dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
While the cake is baking, heat the 6 tbsp butter in a sauce pan. Add brown sugar and milk and whisk over low heat until it simmers. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar and the 1 tsp of vanilla. When the cake is done baking, top with the sauce.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)