Chicken Stuffed with Spinach Feta and Pine Nuts WITH CURRANT COUSCOUS
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Heat a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach to pan; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, tossing constantly. Place spinach in a colander; press until barely moist. Wipe pan clean.
3. Combine spinach, cheese, nuts, thyme, juice, and garlic. Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 3 tablespoons filling into each pocket. Seal with wooden
picks. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until brown. Add broth, and cover pan. Place pan in oven. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until done.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1
stuffed chicken breast half).
For the Currant Couscous:
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a saucepan over
medium-high heat. Add 1 cup uncooked
Israeli couscous; saute 2 minutes .
• Add 2 cups water and 1/4 cup dried currants; bring to a boil. • Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12
• Remove from heat; stir in 1/4cup
chopped fresh parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
You'll also love
- Garlic Roasted Shrimp with Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Medallions of Maine Lobster with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lazy Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp(or Sausage) Fettuccine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poached Pear, Macadamia, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tunisian Couscous (variation with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Couscous 0/5 (0 Votes)