Spiced Shrimp with Ginger Rice and Peas
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup long grain rice
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- lime wedges, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. In a medium saucepan, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium high. Add scallion whites and ginger and cook, stirring often, until soft, 3 minutes. Add rice and 1-1/2 cups water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce to a simmer and cook ;until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and top with peas. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes, then add scallion greens and fluff rice with a fork.
2. Meanwhile in a medium bowl, toss shrimp with cumin and coriander and season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoon oil over medium high. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque throughout, about 4 minutes. Serve shrimp with rice and lime wedges.