Black Bean and Corn Soup
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large red pepper- diced
- 1 large onion- diced
- 2 cloves garlic- minced
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 19 oz can drained black beans
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
In a large stockpot, saute peppers and onions in oil until soft but not brown.
Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes, cumin, salt and oregano, stir.
Add black beans, corn and water.
Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow soup to sit for 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Medallions of Maine Lobster with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Multi-Grain Blueberry Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Houlihan's Baked Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ginger Honey Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Simple Beef Chili with Kidney Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Karen's Black Bean Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)