Seafood Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1 1/2 lb penne pasta
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or dry white wine
- 1/2 cup seafood stock
- 15oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup half/half
- 1 cup green onions, coarsely chopped
Cook pasta in boiling water that is generously salted, 8 minutes. Drain.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add EVOO. Add shallots and cook until tender. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minute longer. Deglaze the pan with the sherry or wine. Add the stock and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
Add the shrimp, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper. Cook the shrimp in to tomato sauce until the shrimp are firm and opaque.
Stir in half/half and cooked pasta. Toss until the pasta is coated with the sauce. Garnish with green onions.
You'll also love
- Medallions of Maine Lobster with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Multi-Grain Blueberry Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Houlihan's Baked Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lazy Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Sun-Dried Tomato and... 0/5 (0 Votes)