Best Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup unsalted or salted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups uncooked oats, quick or old-fashioned
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or peacans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips(I just put in extra cranberries)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer, gradually beating in the sugars on medium-high speed. Beat in the egg then the vanilla.
Stir the flour mixture into the creamed ingredients with a wooden spoon then stir in oats, nuts, cranberries, etc.
Using your hands, make walnut sized balls and place 3 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake for about 13 minutes until tops are evenly brown and crusty. Do not Overbake...
Cool for a minute, then transfer to wire rack to cool.