Baked French Toast
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, half and half, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
2. The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Let pan sit out while oven is preheating, and turn each bread piece over to soak up liquid.
3. In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and maple syrup; heat until bubbling.
4. Bake covered with foil for 20 minutes. Pour hot sauce over bread, and continue to bake uncovered for the remaining 20 minutes.
*Sprinkle with toasted pecans before baking.