- Salsa verde:
- 1 pound tomatillos (about 15)
- 11/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 21/2 cups shredded Double-Herb Roasted Chicken (about 12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded asadero cheese or Asiago cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice teaspoon ground cumin 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Remaining ingredients:
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
1. To prepare salsa verde, discard husks and stems from tomatillos; cut into quarters. Combine tomatillos, 11/4 cups broth, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and chopped jalapeno in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tomatillos are tender. Cool slightly. Place salsa verde in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth or mash with a potato masher. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add salsa verde; cook until reduced to 2 cups (about 1 minute).
2. Preheat oven to 400°.
3. To prepare enchilada filling, combine chicken and next 9 ingredients (chicken through black pepper) in a large bowl.
4. Spread 1/2 cup salsa verde in bottom of a 13 x 9inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Arrange enchiladas, seam sides down, crosswise in dish. Pour remaining salsa verde evenly over enchiladas. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with sour cream, and garnish with sliced jalapeno, if desired. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 enchiladas and 1 tablespoon sour cream).
CALORIES 386 (27% from fat); PAT 11.5g (sat 3.9g, mono 3.4g, poly 2.3g); PROTEIN 36.5g; CARB 38.9g; FIBER