- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grates Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked)
- 3 cups tomato sauce (try to use a low fat, low sodium variety)
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Parmesan cheese for garnishing
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Set out three small, shallow bowls. Put flour in first dish; egg whites in the second dish; and combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in the third dish.
3) Dredge each chicken breast first in the flour; then in the egg whites; then in the breadcrumb mixture. Place in a large, shallow baking dish.
4) Bake the chicken in the oven for 12 minutes. Then flip each chicken breast and continue baking for another 12 minutes. Sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella on each chicken breast and bake another 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked though.
5) Place each chicken breast half on top of 1 cup cooked spaghetti and cover with 3/4 cup of warm tomato sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Preparation & Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
Total Fat: 14 gm
Saturated Fat: 5.5 gm
Carbohydrates: 86 gm (51%)
Protein: 49 gm
Dietary Fiber: 7.5 gm