- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup vanilla soy milk
1. Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water. Then bring the water to a simmer over medium-low heat. Reduce the heat to low. Make a double boiler by placing a large metal or glass bowl over the saucepan but not touching the water. Add the chocolate chips and soy milk to the bowl and melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Remove it from the heat.
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate it until it is firm enough to scoop. (About 4 hours)
3. Place the coating of your choice (Options below). Scoop out a heaping teaspoon of the chilled ganache and, using your hands, shape it into a ball. (Tip: Lightly greasing the spoon and your hand with vegetable oil prevents the chocolate from sticking.) Roll the truffle in the coating, then place the truffle in a airtight storage container. Repeat with the remaining ganache.
Optional Coatings: Finely chopped toasted almonds, unsweetened cocoa powder, powdered sugar, crushed cookies, colored sprinkles, sweetened flaked coconut, chopped peanuts.
4. Cover the truffles and place them in the fridge until you're ready to serve the=m If you give the truffles as a gift, they can be kept at cool room temperature for the day, but should be refrigerated thereafter.