The balsamic vinegar and honey glaze on this strawberry tart really gives depth to the strawberry flavor and makes it the perfect balance of sweet and slightly tart.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, approximately 12×12 inches
- 16 ounces strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from shewearsmanyhats.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Lay puff pastry on parchment lined baking sheet. Turn up edges all the way around.
Spread sliced strawberry evenly across puff pastry.
Whisk together balsamic vinegar and honey. Brush tops of of strawberries with mixture. You will probably have a little extra balsamic vinegar/honey leftover.
Bake at 375°F for about 25 minutes* or until pastry is slightly browned.
Serve while still warm. Top with favorite whipped topping.
*Depending on your oven, puff pastry used, and juiciness of berries, you may need to slightly increase oven temperature and/or cook times to allow puff pastry to cook thoroughly. Watch carefully to avoid burning puff pastry edges. You may need to cover puff pastry edge with aluminum foil to prevent burning. I would begin by increasing oven temperature to 400°F and/or increasing cook times in 5 to 10 minute increments, while keeping a watchful eye, until done.
You'll also love
- Rustic Tomato Cheese Tart 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Betty's Pineapple Slaw W. W.... 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- LEMON MARSHMALLOW MERINGUE PIE 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Grilled Turkey, Bacon, Radicchio &... 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Black-Eyed Pea Fritters 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- White Strawberry Lemon Sangria 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Peach & Blueberry Cobbler 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake Bars 4.3/5 (43 Votes)