- 1 cups dry black beans, soaked overnight
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 1/2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1.In a medium stockpot over medium-high heat, cover beans with water and cook with onion, green pepper, garlic, bay leaves, salt, cumin and oregano. Boil until beans are tender, about 1 hour. Add water as necessary so that the beans don't dry out or scorch.
2.When beans are cooked, stir in wine, vinegar and oil.