Orecchiette with Sausage and Rapini
- 1 box of orecchiette
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (rapini), trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 pound (about 3 links) Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook orecchiette according to package directions. Add broccoli rabe during last 3 minutes of cooking; drain. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until onion starts to soften. Add sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon; cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Add cooked pasta and broccoli rabe to skillet, tossing until combined. Stir in marinara sauce; cook 1 minute or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.