Beer Marinated Steak Fajitas
- 1 lb. beef skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 can(12oz.) light beer
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- red, green or orange bell peppers, cored and sliced 1/2lb. beef skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 large onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inch), warmed
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. In a large resealable bag, combine the steak, beer, garlic powder, 2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
2. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a bowl, toss together the peppers, onion, 2 tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Grill the vegetables, turning occasionally, until tender and slightly charred, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
3. Remove the steak from the marinade and pat it dry with paper towels. Coat with the remaining 1 tbsp. oil and grill, flipping halfway, 8 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Thinly slice the steak against the grain and pile it onto the warm tortillas with the peppers and onion. Top with the salsa and cilantro.