Strawberry Shortcake Parfait*
I am all about this Strawberry Parfait recipe. I like making it for small dinner parties in Spring or Summer, but it would also be really good for a summer BBQ.
- VANILLA-WHITE CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, scored
- 3/4 cup white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 store-bought vanilla cake, cubed
Preparation time 75mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from cookingchanneltv.com
For the vanilla-white chocolate whipped cream: Heat the cream and vanilla in a pot, stirring, until it starts to steam (do not let it boil). Discard the vanilla bean. Place the white chocolate in a bowl, and pour the cream on top, mixing until melted. Refrigerate covered until completely cool, about 1 hour. Whip until soft peaks form using a whisk or electric hand mixer.
Mix the strawberries with the sugar in a bowl. Spoon some whipped cream into the bottom of a glass, and then top with a layer of strawberries and a layer of cake. Repeat until the glass is full. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and more strawberry slices.
You'll also love
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Veggie Pizza Appetizer 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Two Ingredient Lemon Bars 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Basil Tomato Pork Chops 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Custard Pie 4.6/5 (53 Votes)
- Lemon Poke Cake 4.6/5 (53 Votes)
- Chocolate and Raspberry Brownie... 4.6/5 (52 Votes)