Make Ahead Unstuffed Shells
- 4 cups med pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
- 1 tub (10oz) Philadelphia Italian Herb Cooking Creme
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
1) Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, brown meat in lrg skillte; drain. Stir in marinara sauce; simmer on med heat 2 mins. Remove from heat.
2) Drain pasta. Mix cooking creme, basil and Parmesan in lrg bowl; stir in pasta. Spread half the meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9" baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover layers of pasta mixture and remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella; cover with foil. Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
3) Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake, covered with foil, 30 mins. Remove foil and cook an additional 10 - 15 mins or until heated through. (Casserole can be baked immediately after assembling. Just reduce the baking time to 20 mins covered, 10 mins uncovered.