Herb and Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- 1/4 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 3 Tsp dijon mustard, divided
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp dry breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 Tsp dried sage leaves
- 1 Lb lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 Hard rolls, split
- Tomato slices
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
In a small bowl, combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parsley, and 1 tsp mustard; set aside.
In another bowl, combine the onions, breadcrumbs, ketchup, salt, rosemary, sage and remaining mustard. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight thin patties. Spoon cheese mixture onto center of four patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce and tomato if desired.