- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 cups ORTEGA® Enchilada Sauce with Green Chiles & Onion (two 10-ounce cans)
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives (2 1/4-ounce can)
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 cans shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375º F. Grease bottom of 9-inch-square baking dish.
COMBINE beef, onion and garlic in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
STIR in enchilada sauce and 1/4 cup olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes.
LAYER half of tortillas on bottom of prepared baking dish. Cover with half of beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers; cover.
BAKE for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake for additional 5 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining olives and green onions.