Gourmet mushroom risotto
- 5c chicken broth, divided'
- 2-1/2 TBL olive oil divided
- 2-1/2# portobello mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1# while mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots - diced
- 1-1/4 c. arborio rice
- 3/4c & 1/2 TBL and 1/2tsp dry white wine
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4c & 1 TBL finely chopped chives
- 1/3 c and 1/2 TBL and 1/2tsp butter
- 1/2 cut and 1TBL fresly grated parmesan cheese
In a saucepan, warmthe broth over low heat.
Warm 2 TBL olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid and set aside.
Add 1 TBL olive oil to skillet, and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute.Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, abot 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the win is fully absorbed. Add 1/2 c broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 - 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms with their liquids, butter, chives and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste