Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Have on hand:
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 16 ounce package sliced bacon
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Crushed red pepper flakes
Adapted from gooddinnermom.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Place in a medium bowl and sprinkle with a good amount of oregano, thyme, garlic powder and a good dash of crushed red pepper flakes. (You want these seasonings to coat the chicken, but not to overpower it. Use your good judgment and to your liking) Set aside.
In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and chili powder.
Cut slab of sliced bacon into thirds.
Coat a rack and broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Make an assembly line: Chicken, bacon, toothpicks, brown sugar/chili powder mixture, broiler pan.
Wrap each chicken piece with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture and arrange on broiler pan. Continue until pan it full. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- See more at: http://gooddinnermom.com/page/3/#sthash.onsMtdCR.dpuf