Copy cat recipe for Maggiano's Salad. All the the fresh vegetables, delicious dressing and prosciutto. You'll enjoy making this at home.
- Corn oil for frying
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 2 inch squares
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch dried oregano
- 5 About 5 cups bite size romaine lettuce
- 5 About 5 cups bite size iceberg lettuce
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
In a large, deep skillet, heat 1/3 inch corn oil. Add prosciutto and cook until it turns dark brown and curls up on the ends. Drain on paper towels. Cool and crumble into small bits.
Prepare dressing. In a medium mixing bowl, combine mustard, sugar, water, garlic, vinegar and slat. Whisk until combined. Whisk in oil in a thin stream. Add pepper and oregano, whisk to combine. Taste. Adjust seasoning as needed. You may want to add a little more sugar or garlic.
Place lettuce, onion, cheese and prosciutto in large bowl. Toss. Add enough dressing to lightly coat the leaves; toss and serve immediately.