Pork Fried Rice
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 lb boneless pork loin chop, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion bottoms
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 TBSP minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 cups cooked chilled long grain brown rice
- 1 large egg
- 3 TBSP mirin
- 3 TBSP lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil, or hot oil
- fresh pepper
- 2 cups fresh bean sprout
- 1/2 cup canned diced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped green onion tops
heat large skillet over med high. add 1 tBSP EVOO to pan, swirl to coat. sprinkle salt on pork, add pork to pan and saute 2 mins or unitl brown on all sides. remove.
add carrot and celery to pan, saute 2 mins, add to pork.
add remaining oil to pan, stir in green onion bottoms, garlic and ginger. add rice, stirring well to coat, cook without stirring 2 mins or until edges start to brown. make a well in center or rice, add egg and stir fry 30 secs.
Return pork mix to pan, stir in mirin and cook 1 min. stir in salt, soy sauce, sesame or hot oil and pepper. remove from heat and stir in bean sprouts and water chestnuts.
sprinkle with green tops.