Chicken-Broccoli Penne Alfredo
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 medium shallots- minced
- 3 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1/3 cup of dry white wine
- 1-1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups of dry penne pasta
- 1-1/2 cups of frozen or fresh broccoli florets
- Course salt and freshly ground pepper
1) Season Chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet to medium-high then add olive oil. Once oil is hot, add chicken. Cook 12-15 minutes turning once. Once cooked, leave to rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
2) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add penne stirring occasionally. Cook to box directions. During the last 5 minutes, add broccoli. Now drain through a colander.
3) Meanwhile, heat another large skillet to medium heat; add butter. Once butter is melted, add shallots. Cook about 4 minutes then add garlic. Cook another minute then add wine. Cook until wine reduces by half, about 4 or 5 minutes- eye it. Now lower burner to low heat. Add cream stirring occasionally until thickened about 3 to 4 minutes. Take skillet of the hob, then add cheese. Stir until melted. Add chicken, broccoli and pasta to skillet. Stir until combined then season with salt and LOTS of pepper! Be prepared for some yumminess!!
Note: If you don't have a bunch of large skillets, just roast the some chicken breasts for about 30 minutes on 350 degrees. Allow to rest and follow recipe. I prefer bone-in skin-on breast for ultimate juiciness and flavor after roasting. Just de-skin and de-bone chicken. Put the bones and skin in a ziplock bag and save for stock. Or just eat the yummy crispy chicken skin (that's just me). But if you're after quick, stick with skinless-boneless.
You'll also love
- Monkfish in Parchment with Wine,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Dip S&D Oyster Company 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry-Lime Puree 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread (or muffins) –... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lazy Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp(or Sausage) Fettuccine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BUTTERMILK BACON SPINACH QUICHE 0/5 (0 Votes)