Homemade Strawberry Basil Ice Cream
- For The Strawberries:
- 1 C. Fresh Strawberries, hulled & thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- For The Ice Cream Base:
- 2 C. Heavy Cream
- 2 C. Whole Milk
- 3/4 C. Sugar
- 1/3 C. Fresh Sweet Basil Leaves
- Pinch Of Sea Salt
Cook the strawberry mixture over med-low heat, stirring often, till the strawberries are softened, approx. 4-5 min. Mash with a potato masher or the back of a fork till they are roughly mashed. Reduce heat & simmer till the mixture is reduced slightly. Pour into a sm. liquid measuring cup, cover & refrigerate.
Add the cream, milk, sugar & sea salt to a pot. Finely chop the basil, bruising & pressing it to release the oils. Add it to the pot. Warm the mixture over med-low heat, stirring often. Cook till the sugar is dissolved, approx. 5 min. Remove from heat & let steep for 15-20 min. Pour the mixture through a fine sieve into a lg. liquid measuring cup to strain out the basil. Press the basil leaves with a wooden spoon to release any extra liquid & as much flavor as possible. Cover & refrigerate.
Refrigerate till the ingredients are very cold; at least afew hours or overnight. Begin by churning & freezing the base till it reaches about the halfway point (approx. 10 min.). Then add in the strawberry mixture & continue to churn till it reaches the desired consistency (approx. 10 more min.). Place in a freezer container & freeze for another few hours or overnight before serving.
You'll also love
- Bertucci's Salmon Florentine... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Celery Salad with Lemon & Parmesan 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Irish Corned Beef Dinner 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Banana-Cashew Balls 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- RASPBERRY SWIRL ROLLS 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Cranberry Celebration Cheesecake 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- No-Bake Strawberry Banana Pudding... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)