Sweet Cinnamon Biscuits
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking bowder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 8 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl and mix wel. Stir in vegetable oil. Add buttermilk and stir just until blended.
2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. ROll dough into a 15x8 inch rectangle
3. Preheat the oven to 400. Grease a 9-inch round baking pan lightly.
4. SPread butter over the dough. Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well. Sprinkle over butter. Roll up rectangle, jelly roll fashion, starting from one long side. Pinch seam to seal.
5. Cut roll into 1 1/2-inch slices. Arrange the slices, cut side up, in prepared baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven. Serve hot.