Grilled stuffed jalapeno cihlis with grilled red pepper - tomato sauce
- FOR SAUCE:
- 4 oz. cream cheese at room temp
- 2 oz soft goat cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions (green and pale green part) thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 12 large jalapeno chilis halved lengthwise, stemmed and seeded
- 1 heaping tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 large red pepper. grilled. peeled and chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, grilled and charred on all
- sides. chopped
- 2 cloves garlic. chopped
- 2 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro. chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cooking time 1mins
1. Heat grill to medium.
2. Whisk together the cream cheese and goat cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Fold in the cheddar and green onions; season with salt and pepper. Fill each jalapeno half with about 2 Tbsp of the mixture; sprinkle the top with ancho powder.
3. Place chills on the grill, filling-side up and cook until slightly charred and tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Spoon the Grilled Red Pepper-Tomato Sauce onto a platter and top with the jalapenos.