Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 degrees to 115 degrees)
- 2 cups warm milk (110 to 115 degrees F)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, 1/3 cup sugar, oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth.
2. Add raisins and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
3. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
4. Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, divide in half. Roll each into a 15-in. x 7-in. rectangle.
5. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough. Sprinkle with water.
6. Starting with a short side, roll up tightly, jelly-roll style. Pinch seams and ends to seal.
7. Place, seam side down, in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over loaves.