La Dolce Pasta
- 1 box (12 oz) orecchiette
- 1 bunch (1-1/4 lb) broccoli rabe, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lb (about 3 links) hot Italian sausage, casings removed (I used 4 sweet instead)
- 1-1/2 cups store-bought Marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook orecchiette according to package directions. Add broccoli rabe during last 3 minutes of cooking; drain.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2-3 minutes or until onion starts to soften. Add sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon; cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Add cooked pasta and broccoli rabe to skillet, tossing until combined. Stir in marinara sauce; cook 1 minute or until heated through.
Sprinkle with cheeses before serving.