Three-Cheese Skillet Lasagna
- Serves 4
- 43 ounces canned whole peeled plum tomatoes (from a 28-ounce can and a 15-ounce can)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 1 box (12 ounces) no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- Read more at Marthastewart.com: Three-Cheese Skillet Lasagna - Martha Stewart Recipes
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 31mins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, pulse tomatoes until coarsely pureed. In a large deep skillet, bring tomatoes, garlic, and oil to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce to a simmer and cook on medium until thickened, about 12 minutes (you should have 5 cups marinara sauce).
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together egg yolk, ricotta, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Carefully pour sauce into a heatproof bowl and return 3/4 cup to skillet; spread sauce evenly. Add a single layer of noodles, breaking them up to fit. Top with half the ricotta mixture, spreading evenly. Follow with a second layer of noodles, then 1 1/2 cups marinara. Add a third layer of noodles, then remaining ricotta mixture. Follow with a final noodle layer, then remaining sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and pecorino over top.
Bake lasagna until golden and bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Three-Cheese Skillet Lasagna - Martha Stewart Recipes