Falafel with Avocado spread
- * Patties:
- * 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- * 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- * 1/4 cup finely crushed baked tortilla chips (about 3/4 ounce)
- * 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- * 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- * 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- * 1 large egg white
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- * Spread:
- * 1/4 cup mashed peeled avocado
- * 2 tablespoons finely chopped tomato
- * 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- * 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- * 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- * 1/8 teaspoon salt
- * Remaining ingredients:
- * 2 (6-inch) pitas, each cut in half crosswise
- * 4 thin red onion slices, separated into rings
- * Microgreens
To prepare patties, place pinto beans in a medium bowl; partially mash with a fork. Add cheese and next 5 ingredients (through egg white); stir until well combined. Shape bean mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) oval patties.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until patties are browned and thoroughly heated.
To prepare spread, combine avocado and next 5 ingredients (through salt), stirring well. Place 1 patty in each pita half. Spread about 2 tablespoons avocado spread over patty in each pita half; top with onions and greens.