Penne With Chicken, Arugula, Roasted Tomatoes, And Feta
- 3 bags cherry tomatoes - (12 oz ea)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken breasts without skin (from purchased roast chicken)
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 6 cups arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese - (abt 3 oz)
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Mix cherry tomatoes, oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until tomatoes are soft and beginning to brown in spots, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Transfer tomato mixture, including any juices, from sheet to large skillet. Add chicken to skillet and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Ladle out 1/4 cup pasta cooking water and reserve. Drain pasta; return to pot.
Add tomato mixture, arugula, and reserved 1/4 cup pasta cooking water to pasta; toss over medium heat just until arugula begins to wilt, about 30 seconds. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer pasta to bowl. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 478; total fat, 15 g; saturated fat, 5 g; cholesterol, 71 mg; fiber, 5 g
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1063 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.3/5 (951 Votes)
- Baked Penne with Chicken, Broccoli... 4.4/5 (333 Votes)
- Cajun Jambalaya Pasta 4.4/5 (76 Votes)
- Butter Lettuce With Goat Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Castellane Pasta With Sausage,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leek And Camembert Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Lobster, Wild... 0/5 (0 Votes)