Mediterranean Chicken & Polenta
Calories370, Total Fat (g)8, Saturated Fat (g)1, Monounsaturated Fat (g)5, Polyunsaturated Fat (g)1, Cholesterol (mg)66, Sodium (mg)575, Carbohydrate (g)46, Fiber (g)3, Protein (g)30, Vitamin C (DV%)42, Calcium (DV%)6, Iron (DV%)20, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- 1/2 of a 6.5-oz. jar oil-packed dried tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 cup assorted olives, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 small bay leaves (optional)
- 1 cup cornmeal
Adapted from bhg.com
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Drain tomatoes, reserving the oil. Season chicken with salt and black pepper. In 10-inch oven-going skillet heat all the reserved oil over medium-high. Cook chicken in hot oil 3 minutes each side or until browned; remove skillet from heat. Add tomatoes, olives, wine, and bay leaves. Transfer to oven. Bake, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 170 degrees F when inserted in chicken.
2. Meanwhile, for polenta, in large saucepan bring 3 cups water to boiling. In a bowl combine cornmeal, 1 cup cold water, and 1 tsp. salt; gradually stir into boiling water. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Reduce heat; stir occasionally. Remove and discard bay leaves Serve chicken with polenta and olives. Makes 4 servings.