Grilled Southwestern Flat Iron Steak
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar or 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 - 1 Tsp ground cummin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Dash seasoning salt, as desired
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp, cilantro, minced
- 1 Flat Iron Steak (1 1/2 - 2 Lbs)
- Cilanto leaves for garnish
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Put first eight ingredients into a large flat (non-aluminum) pan and mix well. Add meat, coating both sides. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
To cook steak, preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Cook steak to deisired degree of doneness; approximately 5 or more minutes per side. Let the meat rest at least five minutes before slicing.
Cut across the grain and arrange on a platter. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired. Serve with salsa or your favorite sauce.