Roasted Potato Penne
Great budget meal that works well as left overs, too. Add some diced chicken for protein.
- 1 1/2 pounds potato (Russet, Idaho, Yukon Gold)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound penne (or other tub pasta)
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp butter, room temperature
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Position rack in upper third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
Wash, dry, and cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss with 3 Tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Arrange in an even layer. Rost until golden and crisp, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta to al dente. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
Add the parsley, butter, and remaining 1 Tbsp of oil. Toss well. Add the potatoes and toss. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.