Pan Roasted Halibut
- 1.5 LBS of Halibut, cut into 4 equal portions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small bunch italian parsley, chopped, stems saved
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, leaves stripped and minced, stems saved
- 3 OZ prosciutto, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 C. Wine (pinot)
- 1 C. Fish Stock / Clam Juice
- 1 C. Chicken Stock
- 2 diced tomatoes
1. Season halibut with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, mix parsley and 1/2 of the thyme and sprinkle over the fish.
3. In a 2 qt. saucepan over medium hear, saute prosciutto in 1 TBSP of the butter for 3 - 5 minutes. Add shallots and cook for 2 - 3 mins. Add garlic and minced thyme (except for a couple of pinches for garnish) and cook for another minute.
4. Add wine and herb stems and continue cooking until liquid had reduced and glazes shallots and prosciutto.
5. Add stocks and reduce to 1C. Remove stems and season with pepper. Add tomatoes and 3 TBSP butter and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover.
6. In a skillet with a tight fitting lid, over medium high heat, cook halibut fillets while covered, about 4 minutes each side.