Cake - Garbanzo Bean Vanilla Protein Cake
Amount Per Serving = 1 piece:
Total Fat: 0.6 g
Cholesterol: 0.9 mg
Sodium: 194.6 mg
Total Carbs: 10.7 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
Sugars: 3.6 g
Protein: 7.5 g
WW Points+: 2
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 15 oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 scoops (90 g) whey protein powder, unflavoured & unsweetened
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Cooking spray
Adapted from ifoodreal.com
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
In a blender, beat egg whites until foamy. Add almond milk, agave, applesauce, vanilla extract and chickpeas. Blend until smooth and pour liquid mixture into a medium bowl.
In another bowl add protein powder, whole wheat flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix to combine. Add to the bowl with the liquid mixture and gently mix with spatula just enough to combine. Do not overmix - the cake won't rise well.
Line 8 x 11 baking dish with parchment paper, spray with cooking spray and pour batter into it. Bake for 25-27 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool on the cooling rack. Cut into16 slices.