Chicken Orange Glazed
- cooking spray
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tbsp light, unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp all-purpose whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ tsp dried tarragon
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 orange, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Spray medium-size skillet with cooking spray, and heat to medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
4. Transfer chicken into a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray.
5. Add butter, flour, and cinnamon to skillet until melted and combined. Slowly add chicken stock and orange juice and cook until thickened. Season with tarragon, salt, and pepper.
6. Pour sauce over chicken; arrange orange slices on top.
7. Bake chicken breasts in preheated oven until done, about 20 to 30 minutes or when meat thermometer reaches 165º.
8. Serve chicken and sauce over brown rice.
Per serving: 191 calories, 29 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 6 g sugar, and 172 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 17%.