Weight Watchers vegetable "lasagna"
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen chopped spinach
- 1 egg
- 1 container (15oz) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, about 5 oz.
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 jar (24 oz) marinara pasta sauce
- 2 pkgs 1 lb each frozen breaded Italian -style eggplant cutlets
- fresh basil sprig, optional
*preheat oven to 425. drain thawed spinach well and squeeze out excess liquid until spinach is dry; reserve. In bowl, lightly beat egg. Stir in ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, crushed fennel seeds and reserved spinach until blended.
Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce over bottom of 2 1/2 qt baking dish. arrange 1/3 of frozen eggplant slices in single layer over sauce. spread half of the ricotta mixture over eggplant. top with 3/4 cup of sauce, then half of the remaining eggplant slices and remaining ricotta mixture. gently spread 3/4 sauce over ricotta mixture. top with remaining eggplant and sauce. cover with foil.
bake lasagna 45 minutes or until hot in center. uncover ans sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. bake uncovered until cheese is melted and casserole is hot in center. let stand 10 minutes. serve garnished with fresh basil.
sodium 897 mg