Traditional divinity recipe, just like Grandma used to make it. Perfect for holiday entertaining, or anytime of the year. Divinity melts in your mouth.
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup white Karo
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Place egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line three 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch pans with waxed paper.
In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup; bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Cook, without stirring, over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 252°F (hard-ball stage). Just before the temperature is reached, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
Slowly add hot sugar mixture in a thin stream over egg whites, beating constantly and scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add vanilla. Beat until candy holds its shape, about 5-6 minutes. (Do not over-mix or candy will get stiff and crumbly.) Immediately fold in pecans.
Quickly drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared pans. Let stand at room temperature until dry to the touch. Store between waxed paper in an airtight container at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Holiday Deep Fried Ham 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Football Oreo Truffles 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Easy Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Festive Holiday Bark 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Peppermint Kahula Truffles 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Grandma Hershey's Peanut Butter... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ava's Best Divinity 4/5 (1 Votes)